Student Travel Grants
ISCAS2018 will provide partial travel support to student speakers attending the symposium, subject to available funds. If granted, the student will receive the support during the conference. This opportunity is sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. The exact amount of the awards will depend on the estimated expenses and demonstrated/perceived needs of the recipients, up to a maximum of € 800 per awardee.
The ISCAS2018 organizing committee recognizes that presenting research at our conferences is an important aspect of a student’s professional, educational and research development. Furthermore, student involvement in our conferences is fundamental to our development as a research community.
- Be the author of an accepted manuscript and the presenter of this on a lecture/poster session.
- Be a Student Member of IEEE Circuits and Systems Society when submitting the application.
- Be registered as a full time Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. student in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application.
If you meet the above requirements, please send an email with subject “Student Support ISCAS 2018” to studentTG@iscas2018.org, containing the following information:
- Your IEEE Student number (for verification purpose).
- Proof of registration to attend ISCAS2018 (personal ID – SIX digit number – mentioned in the confirmation email after you register online).
- The ID number and title of the paper/poster you will be presenting at ISCAS (full title with full list of authors) with your agreement to present this work.
- A signed supporting letter from your academic advisor or IEEE CASS local chapter chair.
- The applicant’s signature
Each application MUST BE APPROPRIATELY SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT (ONE FILE ONLY). Incomplete, poorly assembled or late applications will not be considered. Applications should be submitted electronically via email to studentTG@iscas2018.org no later than March 16, 2018. Awardees will be notified as soon as possible thereafter.
Multiple funding applications
The ISCAS2018 organizing committee understands that students applying for the Student Travel Grants program may also be seeking partial support from other sources. This is encouraged and welcome. However, please note that even if ISCAS2018 itself provides diverse support programs for students and young professionals, our limited budget will not allow us to support any single person under more than one program at once.
Multiple applications to different ISCAS2018 support programs can improve your chances of success, but in this case the evaluation committees will decide under which single program you are going to be supported.