The duration of a presentation slot is 18 minutes. Please target your lecture for a duration of about 15 minutes for the presentation plus ab. 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
We are offering the opportunity to have all presentations professionally audio-recorded and synchronized with your slides. To this extend, all presenting authors shall give consent by signing a form onsite when uploading the presentation at the Speaker Preview Room.
Presentations will be made available by the following day on the conference web site and will be uploaded in IEEE Xplore after the Conference.
ALL presentations MUST be uploaded at the Speakers Preview Room (Limonaia Building in the garden) at least 2 hours before the presentation or the day before for sessions starting 8.15 a.m. The Preview Room will be open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Presentations not uploaded as per instructions cannot be recorded and made available on the web site.
An LCD projector & computer will be available in every session room for regular presentations. Personal laptops are not allowed for presentations.
Presenters are invited to report to the session chair 15 minutes BEFORE the start of the session.
Technical assistance will be available.
- The presentation software used at the Speakers Preview Room supports the projection of the following formats:
Windows: Office Power Point 2013 – .ppt .pptx, Office Excel, PDF, Prezi
Apple: Keynote, Office Power Point for MAC
- It is absolutely necessary that all files (movies / video / images) be stored in the same folder as the presentation
- Please use simple slides and with a font size of at least 14 points
- Please embed all fonts in your PowerPoint file and bring a backup PDF-version of your presentation
- If customs fonts are used (not included in “Windows 10 operating system, or Office2013 or OSX) we recommend to bring the necessary fonts to the Preview Room well in advance (at least 5 hours before the presentation)
- We suggest to include images in .gif, .jpg or .png format, in order to have light weight presentations. Other formats may be accepted only upon preliminary check with the Preview Room technical staff
- Please do not to exceed 100MB (movies excluded) for each presentation
- Movies must have the following extensions: .avi, .wmv, .mpeg. Movies created with proprietary codecs from professional machines, will not be viewable
- We suggest inserting no more than one movie for each slide, with a recommended maximum size of 100 MB each. Should the movie’s size exceed that limit, we suggest bringing a copy of the movies to the Preview Room well in advance (at least 5 hours before the speech) in order to apply any possible conversion/compression to the file
- In order to quickly upload presentations at the Preview Room, we recommend the following media supports: Pen Drive or Hard Disk USB. It is possible to download the presentations directly from your notebook at the Preview Room at least 3 hours before the presentation
- The software automatically adapts projection format. All presentations shall be 4:3, exception made for plenary lectures and mini-tutorials (16:9). Should presentations be in a different format than the room screen, the slides will be projected in a graphic frame.
Posters will be displayed in the Passi Perduti area.
To give more visibility to the poster/interactive presentations (which are running in parallel to lecture sessions) we decided to allocate the entire morning/afternoon to the,
Note that, the duration of each poster session is indeed 3.5 hours.
We expect that at least one author stands by the poster for (most of the time of) the duration of the poster session. This is essential both to present your work to anyone interest into it and to make sure that your presence is verified by one of the session chairs.
If you wish to leave your poster to attend a lecture, please leave a message on the board to inform visitors and session chairs.
Posters should be set-up as per the following schedule:
|Session time||Set-up time|
|Tue. 29 May 2018, 8:15-11:45||Mon. 28 May 2018, 17:00-18:00|
|Tue. 29 May 2018, 14:30-18:00||Tue. 29 May 2018, 13:30-14:30|
|Wed. 30 May 2018, 8.15-11:45||Wed. 30 May 2018, 7.45-8:15|
|Wed. 30 May 2018, 14:30-18:00||Wed. 30 May 2018, 13:30-14:30|
and removed at the end of the session. Left behind posters at the end of the session will be disposed of.
Boards will be labelled with the code of your poster session and topic. Please check it on the programme (e.g. BP2P for session Biomedical Interface and Wireless Communication Circuits).
The size of poster board is 2mt high * 1mt wide.
Posters must be in portrait format (height > width). This cannot be modified. You are free to choose a single poster (or many smaller posters) that fit on the given board size. Materials to hang the poster will be made available on-site. Our staff will be available onsite to assist you. Posters printed via the Secretariat can be collected at the Secretariat desk.
Live Demo sessions
Live demonstrations will take place in the PA.LG.1 room, directly accessible from the garden.
A table, 2 chairs, a poster board (2mt high * 1mt wide) and a plug will be made available to each presenter.
|Session time||Set-up time|
|Mon. 28th May 2018, 8:15-11:45||Sun. 27th May 2018, 16:00-18:00|
|Mon. 28th May 2018, 14:30-18:00||Mon. 28th May 2018, 13:00-14:30|
Materials to affix posters will be made available on-site. Materials left behind at the end of the session will be disposed of.