Instructions for Authors
The ISCAS2018 paper submission and review process is being conducted in a manner substantially similar to previous ISCAS editions, but with some important innovations.
Paper preparation and submission
IMPORTANT: Prospective authors are invited to submit full length papers consisting of a complete description of their ideas and applicable research results in a maximum of 5 pages, of which 4 are for technical content including text, figures and references (if any), and with one additional optional 5th page containing only references. Paper not respecting this format (for instance longer, or the optional 5th page containing content other than references) may be returned to authors without review.
- PDF file MUST be IEEE Xplore compliant
- Paper Size: US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) or A4 (210mm X 297mm)
- Fonts: Embed ALL fonts in your PDF file. No Type 3 fonts allowed.
- File Format: Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Allowed File Size: 5.0Mb
- Do NOT page number your paper
- Do NOT apply security settings to your PDF file.
- Note: Deviations from the above paper specifications could result in removal of your accepted paper from the proceedings.
If your paper is accepted for publication at this conference, you will also need to adhere to the following requirements:
- IEEE policy requires that you send us a signed Copyright Form for each paper. Without this form, we can NOT publish your article.
- REMINDER: At least one author per paper must be registered AND attend the conference to present their paper.
Plagiarism and Excessive Re-use of Earlier Material
Best Student Paper Awards and Best Demo
Following the tradition for ISCAS, the conference committee will recognize the three best Student Papers and the best Demos presented during ISCAS2018. The selection of the Best Student Papers will be made on the basis of the review process results and of an ad-hoc presentation by the selected runners-up. In order to be eligible, the paper must have a student as principal (first) author, who must also attend the conference to present it.
The selection of the Best Demo and Best Demo Runner-up will be made by a panel of judges on the basis of creativity, innovation, and visitor experience.
Journal Special Issues
Authors of selected accepted ISCAS2018 papers will be invited to submit a paper for possible publication either in:
- IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems – Part I (TCAS-I)
- IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems – Part II (TCAS-II)
- IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (TBioCAS), both in Full-Paper or Brief format.
A more detailed explanation of the review and invitation process can be found here. Please read it with attentions since it may influence the submission process of your manuscript.